We have all heard about the new “MyPlate” encouraging Americans to eat more veggies. We need to cover half of our plate with little green gods and goddesses of the garden. Lets put our words into action by using these seven tips to get our plate in veggie shape, after all, it is National Nutrition Month. Start by incorporating one tip a day.
- Add shredded carrots to your wraps.
- Bust out the beets for salad toppers.
- Use guacamole rather than cheese on sandwiches.
- Grill (or broil) asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt.
- Shred brussel sprouts and make a roasted brussel sprout slaw.
- Add mushrooms to your healthy eggs benedict (see the recipe in the April edition of Fitness Magazine).
- Saute swiss chard with olive oil and garlic.