On Mondays, I teach a Healthy Lifestyle class through Cardiometabolic Support Network. Today, the class topic was How Successful Weight Losers Do It. Class referenced the National Weight Control Registry at www.nwcr.ws. The following excerpt is taken from the NWCR’s research:
- There is variety in how NWCR members keep the weight off. Most report continuing to maintain a low calorie, low fat diet and doing high levels of activity.
- 78% eat breakfast every day.
- 75% weigh themselves at least once a week.
- 62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.
- 90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.
PLease know Laura Cipullo, LLC does not encourage dieting and or weight loss for people less than the age of 20. Lifestyle may be changed, but there should not be a focus on weight loss and scales. – Laura Cipullo, RD, CDE